Sunday, January 10, 2016

Weekly Beauty Edit 1.10.2016 Some Favorite 2015 Purchases

Lots of beauty bloggers and YouTubers are putting up their Best of 2015 Beauty lists. My list is more about my favorite purchases. If I were to make a list of fails, it would be equally as long! These products were new to me in 2015, not necessarily new to the market.



L'oreal Brow Stylist Plumper
Lancome Hypnose Drama Mascara
Wayne Goss #4 and #5 Eye Shadow Brushes
Maybelline Bouncy Blushes
L'Oreal Infallible Pro Matte Foundation
Surratt Lash Curler
Smashbox Pore Minimizer Primer
Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation
Lancome La Base Pro Pore Eraser
Smashbox Step by Step Contour Kit
Sephora Teint Infusion Foundation
CoverFX Custom Cover Drops
St. Tropez Self Tanning Face Oil
YSL Full Metal Shadow
Laure Mercier Silk Creme Oil Free Photo Edition Foundation
Too Faced Melted Lipstick
Emjoi Micro Pedi - Electric
Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara
Dolce & Gabbana Perfect Mono Cream Eye Colour
Redken Anti Snap Leave In Hair Treatment
Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit
Clinique Pop Lip Colour + Primer
Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Powder
Lancome L'Absolu Rouge Lipstick
Kevyn Aucoin Contour Book of Sculpting II
Sephora Ombre Blush Palette
Tom Ford Noir fragrance
Marc Jacobs Mod fragrance
YSL Black Opium fragrance
Ariana Grande Ari fragrance
Conair Infiniti Pro Blow Dryer

It was a great year! I look at the above list and I get misty eyed. Such wonderful new friends I have made.

How does a product make the list? I don't have any formula for success. Most products I buy work as expected but some make a little magic along the way. One criteria is that it can't be fussy. If I have to work to get it to work, it won't make the list. Actually, the easier it is to work, the more likely it is to make the list. I wear most of my makeup to work. That means I'm applying it in a hurry in the morning. I'm not a morning person.  What else? If a product make me feel special, it makes the list. On the other hand maybe not. I always feel special when I use a Chanel blush yet none of them made the list.  I recently bought my first Tom Ford blush and it also did not make the list. Trust me, I sure as heck feel special when I use it. Guerlain Meteorites are pure luxury. Now that I think about it, probably should have added them to the list but this year's Holiday Limited Edition packaging bugged me because it was plastic. See? One little thing and the product doesn't make the cut.

I'm going to do more in depth blog posts on two skin care contraptions I'm using. I've been dermarolling or microneedling since mid September. In my signature side by side experiment, I'm only using on one side of my face. It's the only way I can truly tell if something is making a difference. I think this dermarolling is working better than Retin A for reversing signs of aging. I hear you all gasping.

The other interesting tool I'm using is the Tria Age Defying Eye Wrinkle Correcting Laser. Say what? Started using this device on Christmas Day, and again, only using under one eye. Need to use it nightly for 8 weeks. According to the company, results can show in as early as two weeks. I'm at the two week mark. I don't see results but my husband says he does. Smart man!

Still need to make the appointment to get my lips done. I am most excited about this. Then what am I waiting for? A great groupon.

I hope your New Year is off to a smooth start~!



Cheers,
Lulu

Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/ladyluluonbeauty (send me a friend invite!)

Instagram:  LuluOnBeauty https://www.instagram.com/luluonbeauty/


Email:  luluonbeauty@gmail.com


No comments:

Post a Comment