Sunday, November 23, 2014

My beauty stats

I think if you are wonderful enough to take time out of your day to read my blog, you should know a little about me.

ME
I'm in my mid 50s. Married to a man who still makes me weak in the knees. We have two sons, both in their 20s. I live in the suburbs of Chicago and work full time. I love my husband, I love my sons, I love my career, I love my life. I live without regret. I'm pretty sure I have way more grit than the average bear.

SKIN TYPE
It seems the older I get, the oilier my skin gets. How is that possible? At one time I had very dry skin. When I'm testing makeup, I can assess with all skin types in mind.  My skin is not sensitive, I am not nor ever have been, acne prone.

SKIN TONE
I have a medium skin tone. When they say a color will suit 80% of women, that's me! Medium skin tone with warm or yellow undertones. MAC seems to be the gold standard in describing skin color, I'm NC 35 in Studio Fix Powder Foundation but NC 30 in Studio Fix Fluid Foundation.

SKIN CONCERNS
My biggest skin concern at this point is sagging. I've used prescription Retin A for at least 15 years and wear an SPF product daily, 365 days a year. I avoid the sun like the plague. That said, wrinkles are not my concern, yet. Other than under my eyes. My neck is starting to go. My hands look great. I have had Botox and will continue to get Botox as long as I find Groupons. I'm also a big believer in fillers for my nose to mouth lines. As long as I'm being honest, my age spots are starting to aggravate me, too.  All of these things take second fiddle to my very oily, downright greasy, nose with broken capillaries. A red, oily nose. Very attractive.

Finally, I own a lot of makeup, skin care, nail polish, perfume, and body wash. How much is a lot? You'll find out soon enough!


No comments:

Post a Comment