Sunday, February 22, 2015

Weekly Beauty Edit 2.22.2015

~Please take a moment and subscribe by email~

I was all over the place this week with my makeup and skincare. I planned to wear that blush and wore this blush. Was sure I wanted a peachy look and landed up with pink.  I wanted to take a trip to Sephora but never made it.

Mani of the Week
Let's get this information out there and then move past it. I own almost 1000 bottles of nail polish. One thousand. My oldest bottle is OPI Milano Tomato which was part of 1991Spring Carnival Collection. My nail polish is truly a collection. Last week I swooned over the packaging design of Smith & Cult nail polish. This week, I'm swooning over the formula. This is The. Best. Nail. Polish. Ever. Trust me, with almost 1000 bottles, I know of what I speak! Granted, this is my one and only bottle. It could be this pigment color of Suburban Warrior takes to the formula beautifully. Let's face it, if somebody bought Essie's Tart Deco as their first ever Essie, they'd never buy another bottle of Essie. The Smith & Cult's Suburban Warrior went on like melted butter. Opaque in one coat, not a hint of a drag marks and zero puddling even when I brought the brush too close to the cuticle. Glossy as can be. I have to admit, when I first saw the brush I was disappointed. It looked like the Marc Jacobs brush which I detest, very small and narrow. But it did not matter one bit with Smith & Cult. For the record, I used Revlon Colorstay Base Coat and Sally Hansen Insta-Dri top coat. This color is a bright but not hot pink, leans a tiny bit to blue undertones.
Smith & Cult Suburban Warrior
Lip-A-Looza
Wonderful week in lipstick. If you follow me, you know I am not a nude or neutral lip person. Ugh. I try. Over and over I've read that it's a matter of finding the right color nude. I don't think so. But I will continue the search. Meanwhile, this was really pretty week. From left to right Urban Decay Revolution Jilted, MAC Creme Sheen Speed Dial, Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy 410 Dynamic, Tarina Tarentino Watermelon Wow, Rimmel Moisture Renew 230 Coral Garden, Marc Jacobs Lovemarc Happy Ending, and Estee Lauder Pure Color Envy 230 Infamous


Skincare
Fresh's Rose Face Mask
Two new skincare items this week, both were masks. One was a sheet mask that came in my February Ipsy bag, Hada Labo Ultimate Anti-Aging Deep Hydration, and the other was a sample I selected from my last Sephora purchase, Fresh's Rose Face Mask. Each is for hydrating. It's sub zero around here and my oily skin is parched from sub sub zero wind chills. I think it's really hard to reveiw hydrating masks. With scrubs or exfoliating peels, you can "feel" the smoothness of your skin. With hydrating masks, I think you just have to place your hand on the radio and say I believe, I believe, I believe. (Please tell me you all know this reference!).  I keep trying to like sheet masks. Ewww. The slimy glycerin makes my stomach flip. Reminds me of boogers. Sorry, it does.It's not so bad once I get it on my face but when I'm taking it out of the package and unfolding it...ugh. Both masks were fine.

Haul-A-Lulu
IT Cosmetics Brushes for Ulta OMG Foundation Brush - if I lined up all my foundation brushes, this would fall someplace in the middle. It's a tiny too bit dense for my liking.
Rimmel Lasting Finish Foundation in 200 Soft Beige - not a fan, coverage is light and I expected medium, pore coverage is not good at all.
Laura Geller Creme Glaze in Desert Dusk
Anastasia Brow Whiz in Medium Brown - jury is still lot on color, product is wonderful. I think I'm more of a brow powder girl.
Laura Geller Creme Glaze 8 Shadow Palette in Desert Dusk - my heart be still, run to Ulta to get this. Feel like a cream, they are so smooth, beautiful pigment that blends with almost no effort but don't get muddy. This palette blow Tarte's Tartelette out of the water, in my opinion.
Tarte Miracles of the Amazon Kit from QVC
Tarte Miracles from the Amazon TSV kit from QVC- what a deal! Mascara, Lip Gloss, two brushes, new Foundcealer and a beautiful eye and cheek palette.

Revo Lip Balms (Walgreen dupe for EOS) - Pink Frosted Cupcake, Pink Sugar, Marshmallow Cream, and Bubble Gum. I think these are much better than EOS which I find waxy. Also, the flavors are more true in Revo and always new flavors to indulge in.

Edits and Deletes
Jergens BB Body Cream - I did not find this moisturizing. Worse than that, I'm not sure how I missed the headline that this contained dihydroxyacetone, the ingredient that makes a sunless tanner work. Imagine my surprise when mid day, I kept getting whiffs of that dreaded self-tanner scent. Had no idea where it was coming from and then the light bulb went off.


Cheers,
Lulu

Let's connect on Instagram
Let’s connect by email at ladyluluonbeauty@gmail.com
Let's connect on Facebook
Although I haven't filmed in ages, here's my YT channel YouTube

See that box up near the top, on the right? Subscribe by email - hope you do!
Your information is never shared.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment