Wednesday, April 8, 2015

2015 Beauty Resolutions: March Report Card

This was a very good month! Straight A's on keeping all my 2015 Beauty Resolutions in March! I may have to fall off the wagon in April, don't want a reputation as a high achiever. Yes, that sounds like a plan.



1. Continue my passion for foundation with testing and buying ~ Grade A ~ I bought 2 new foundations in March and tested 3. Lately, in case you're curious, Dior Nude Air and L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte have captured my heart.

2. I will not buy any more matte lipstick ~ Grade A  ~ This was easy in March. I struggled in February to meet this resolution. Matte lipstick didn't even tempt me this month.

3. I am re-committing to using Rogaine twice daily ~ Grade A- ~ Done!

4. I will color my roots every three weeks ~ Grade A ~ Done! It's a really nice feeling to not have horrible grey growth staring back at you from the mirror.

5. I will do everything that is humanly possible to resist cutting bangs ~ Grade A ~ One of the beauty gurus I watch on YouTube had bangs cut. I swooned over her new look. took 10 years off of her, seriously. No trips to the salon last month so temptation was avoided. April will be another story since I'm due for a trim. 

6. I will depot all my single eye shadows and organize them into Z-palettes ~ Grade A ~ I started depotting - hear the crowd cheer? Once again, YouTube influenced me. There was a video of depotting the Urban Decay Naked Palette which was the nudge I needed. I started with the UD and then moved on to singles. My depotting is a sea of neutrals. Hmmm.

7. I will not buy any eye liners. I rarely, more like never, wear eye liner with these hooded lids of mine ~ Grade A ~ Easy! 

8. Lip liner - Either I'm committing to not buying more or I'm committing to using the ones I have ~ Grade A ~ Of the 31 days in March, I actually used lip liner 5 days.  Still not a fan but using a lip liner those 5 days helped convince me there is no need to buy any.

9. I will train myself to gently pat my face dry instead of rubbing the heck out of it with the towel ~ Grade A ~ This has been the hardest resolution to keep. Putting a little sign near my towel rack was the magic sauce for me. 

10. I will not buy any more vintage perfume from ebay no matter how spectacular the ebay feedback is or how sterling the seller's reputation is on the secondary market ~ Grade A ~ This was another easy one for me in March. I started forcing myself to spritz my perfume samples in hopes of finding a new favorite. No such luck but it's also keeping me away from vintage shopping.

11. No more buying body wash until I'm down to three or four or five bottles ~ Grade A ~ Still a very, very difficult resolution for me to keep. Philosophy relaunched some of their beachy summer scents, Dial or maybe SoftSoap came out with new scents at Walgreens and let's not even go down the path of the new scents at Bath and Body Works. Heavens! I predict complete abandonment of this resolution in April. 

12. I will continue my personal campaign to encourage all women everywhere to wear lipstick all the time ~ Grade A ~ Never fear, this is sealed deal for the rest of the year.


FINAL GRADE: A
Cheers,

Lulu

Let's connect on Instagram
Let’s connect by email at ladyluluonbeauty@gmail.com
Let's connect on Facebook
Although I haven't filmed in ages, here's my YT channel YouTube

See that box up near the top, on the right? Subscribe by email - hope you do!
Your information is never shared.

No comments:

Post a Comment