Sunday, January 11, 2015

Weekly Beauty Edit 1.11.2015

Weekly recap of my week in beauty! Please subscribe to my blog my email!

I can say with confidence, as of today January 11th, the easiest to keep of my 2015 Beauty Resolutions will be to continue testing new foundations! The hardest to keep, ugh, coloring my roots every three weeks. I should be doing my roots tonight.  Here's a link to all my 2015 Beauty Resolutions.

EMPTIES
Watts Super Teeth Whitening 35% Carbamide Peroxide Gel, 10 ml tube.
This is what I use for teeth whitening. The original kit came with trays which you dip in almost boiling water and then place in your mouth to mold to your bite. Put the gel in the tray, put the tray on your teeth and look like a nut for 15 - 60 minutes. I buy mine on Amazon. I don't have sensitive gums so not sure how it would work for those with that issue. Watts makes another product to combat sensitivity but can't speak to it since I don't need it.

SWOON WORTHY
L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Last Lip Color
I think the camps are going to be 50/50 on whether this is swoon worthy or disaster. This lasted and lasted and lasted on me. It did not wear off in patches, it stayed true to color and my lips felt comfortable. The balm is part of the system and you need to apply very shortly, within 30 seconds, after applying the color side. Use plenty of the balm which locks and loads the color and makes the liquid lip color comfortable. The other half who try this will find this drying. I only own one, Toujour Teaberry, and it was a winner. Other colors may not wear as well. I'll keep you posted!

DELETES AND EDITS
I wrote a post earlier this week about my disappointments. There were quit  a few!  Here it is Mediocre Week in Beauty.

HAUL-A-LULU
Smashbox PhotoFinish Primer Water - I'll be returning this. Have no idea what this did since I couldn't notice a thing other than it taking forever to dry.

e.l.f. Smudge Brush - nice and small for my small, hooded eyes.

Lancome Hypnose Drama and Estee Lauder Double Wear Waterproor mascaras - exchanged two mascaras for these. Hypnose Drama is one of my favorites, the EL was new to me and will be returned. It flaked on me and did not hold my curl.

L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Last Lip Color - on my swoon worthy list!

Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless - I like it!

Maybelline Master Concealer - I like it! Giving my MAC Prolongwear a run for the money.

 OPI Gel System - I'll be returning this. Outstanding shine, applied easily, love the color I chose but it simply takes too long to dry.

WISH LIST ADDS
L'Oreal Infallible ProMatte foundation - of course!

Louis Young Crease Brush LY38 - their are three versions, LY38, LY38A and LY38B. B is the slimmest of the three. I'd like to see them in person but not sure Nordstrom carries them in store. I have to do a YouTube search for some review and determine which is best for hooded lids.

New Blow Dryer - starting to research, would like one to help tone down frizz.  I'm checking reviews on folica and amazon and taking recommendations. One that is lightweight would be nice, too.

Smashbox PhotoFinish Pore Minimizing Primer - I think I'll exchange the Priming Water for this one.





Cheers,
Lulu

Let's connect on Instagram

Let’s connect by email at ladyluluonbeauty@gmail.com

Let's connect on Facebook
Although I haven't filmed in ages, here's my YT channel YouTube

See that box up near the top, on the right? Subscribe by email - hope you do! No spamming or sharing of your information - even I don't see the list of subscribers.

No comments:

Post a Comment