Sunday, January 4, 2015

Weekly Beauty Edit 1.4.2015

This week's happening in my world of beauty products!

HAUL-A-LULU
Revlon Matte Pearl Overcoat. . I'm not sure how I feel about this. Matte pearl sounded interesting. I've swatched it over a red and a milky teal. It lightened both colors which I didn't expect. Certainly mattified but it also added a holographic effect. The fact that it lightened the color of the polish is off-putting to me.
without-with-without-with
Revlon Photoready Foundation, Improved Formula.  Loved the original and I love this one. The very unique feature about the original and reformulation is that it has very fine sparkle. Not glow, not luminosity, not shimmer, but fine sparkle. To 90% of you, that will probably sound horrible. I'll be reviewing this soon!
503C-513C-504A

Wet N Wild Lipsticks in 503C, 513C and 504A. These are WnW's reformulation of their "regular" line of .99 cent lipsticks. Not sure if these are new colors.  I don't like the taste of these. I have many other Wet N Wild lipsticks but don't recall this taste. It's not as strong as L'Oreal but it is along that line. I won't wear them. Scent and taste are personal. As far as quality, very good! Glide on, wear well, comfortable, no bleeding.

Wet N Wild Max Volume Mascara. Another new product from Wet N Wild, I found it to be a more natural type of mascara. For me, it offered more length than volume but not a ton of length. This would be a good 'going to the grocery store' mascara. I think it's the brush I don't like. It deposits more mascara at the base than at the tips and I like mascara that deposits evenly along the entire lash. If I had my magic wand, I'd actually like a mascara that deposits a teeeny teeny teeny bit more mascara at the tips. It did not hold my curl.

Revlon Photoready Eye Art duo in Topaz Twinkle. Holy smokes, I love this. I only wear the shadow side, which reminds me very much of Josie Maran's Coconut Water Eye Color. It's a liquid cream shadow, applied with doe foot and imparts a liquid metallic finish. Beautiful. Looks like liquid rose gold. The liner side is gorgeous but a bit too wild for me, a glitter confetti look. Keep your eyes closed until this dries or it will transfer.


Maybelline ColorSensational Rebel Bloom Collection in 705 Blushing Bud. Maybelline ColorSensational lipsticks are one of my top favorite lines of lipstick. I think I have some from every collection, from Whispers to Vivids and everything in between. Outstanding. Blushing Bud is a soft mauve pink. It's about as light a color as I will go. I'm not into nude lips at all. If you find a color you like, buy it! I know as Spring and Summer get closer I will buy some of the brighter colors but wasn't feeling them on January 1st. KWIM?

Wet N Wild Color Icon Pencil in Calling Your Buff. Now before you point out one of my 2015 Beauty Resolutions of not buying eye pencils, this is not a liner pencil in the true sense of the category. I have very red lower eye rims or waterline. No allergies just naturally red and I need to brighten them since red eye rabbit is not a look I like. I've been on the hunt for a beige or pink or natural pencil liner that will last more than an hour. I don't know what it is about beige pigments but apparently they simply don't last on the waterline. To date, Rimmel Scandal Eyes in Nude is the best. In my side by side road test, Wet N Wild wore equal to Rimmel and applied as smoothly.

EMPTIES
Careprost generic for Latisse. Will never be without this. Very glad I discovered the generic which I order from an overseas pharmacy. Always a repurchase.

Minoxidil generic for Rogaine. I had a bit left in my bottle. One of my 2015 Beauty Resolutions is to buckle back down and use this twice daily. I've really slacked most of this year and it shows! Always a repurchase

Derma E Microdermabrasion Facial Scrub. One of my absolute favorite facial scrubs. Fine grit, lots of it, nice lemony scent. Because of the fine grit I find it best to use in the shower to be able to rinse it off completely under the shower stream. Always a repurchase.

EDITS AND DELETES
Wet N Wild lipsticks mentioned above. Easy come, easy go!

Revlon Lip Butters in Gumdrop, Creamsicle and Cotton Candy. I'm continuing to cull my Revlon Lip Butter collection. I never wear them. 

Revlon Lip Butters in Gumdrop, Creamsicle and Cotton Candy

Diorshow Fusion Mono cream shadow in LE Mirror. 
A moment of silence.This is swoon-worthy. Beautiful shade somewhere between butter and spun gold.
This was going to be the anchor to my Christmas Eve eye look. Unfortunately, the glitter fall out is over the top awful. I tried applying with several brush types, my finger, brush with MAC Fix+, nothing stopped the fall out. Glitter all the way down my cheek to my chin. I still have the receipt. It is going back
Diorshow Mono Fusion shadow in Mirror


Revlon Colorstay foundation. It's old, needs to go. Will not repurchase. I don't like full coverage foundation - would rather apply two layers of medium coverage.



Cheers,
Lulu

Let's connect on Instagram
Let’s connect by email at ladyluluonbeauty@gmail.com
Let's connect on Facebook
Although I haven't filmed in ages, here's my YT channel YouTube


See that box up near the top, on the right? Subscribe by email - hope you do!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment